Here is a place for me to post my musings on things I have read, research I have done and photos I have taken. Hopefully by keeping this log I will improve and have a permanent record of my findings. It may even help others along the way, who knows?......................................................................................................................

Friday 25 March 2011

What do you see around you?

I have been contemplating what the 365 has meant to me recently, I know that it has improved my "eye" no end and has made me "more creative" , giving me a much better eye for a photo. As with every single art form in the world, photography is practice, practice and a lot more practice., which is why a lot of people that commit to a 365 see an improvement during the year in their photos. So even if you think that you are good, try something new. As an example simply check the case of Chase Jarvis, an advertising american photographer, whose philosophy the best camera is the camera you have with you which gave rise to a book of quite artsy shots and a pretty large community of "iphone photographers".

Although I do use my iphone occasionally for a shot, I much prefer walking around with my 7D,  I realise it is much bigger, but I do like to have control in in aperture, shutter speed and exposure that it enables.

No comments:

Post a Comment